Welcome to NECA
Welcome to the Website for the National Employment Counseling Association (NECA), the leading resource for all things related to employment.
NECA is a division of the American Counseling Association and was founded in 1966 to implement solid and practical interventions to enhance employability and long-term employment. NECA does this through:
- Counselor Education & Professional Development
- National, State and Local Legislative Advocacy
- Employment Counseling and Career Development
- Showcasing Best Practices
- Establishing Employment Standards and Guidelines
- Professional Networking, Support and Collaborations
- Professional Communications via Our Monthly eNews and our Journal of Employment Counseling
- and through our newest online course for the Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) certification
NECA aims to provide the best possible resources for people seeking employment and the counselors who work with them. Please take a moment to peruse the site and learn more. Feel free drop a comment if you'd like more information. We are delighted to help.